In the medina near the south entrance of the Scala Kasbah,
in a small dead end street, Rue Ibn Zohr, there is an
old church just door to door with the old Portuguese consulat.
Now the old wooden doors are padlocked
but from a terrace on a nearby hotel we can see the ruins of the
church tower. Unfortunately abandoned and neglected as many other
historical monuments in this town.
The Portuguese church and the
old Portuguese consulate is situated in the small dead end
street Rue Ibn Zohr
The street is named from the
Arab muslim Ibn Zuhr, who was physician in Sevilla
where he was born and where he died in 1161.
Office of the consulate of Portugal
There were 8 foreign consulates
(Denmark, Britain, the Netherlands,
France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Brazil ),
mostly located in the Qasbah quarter.